Monday, June 27, 2005

Chantez-moi

Today's chapter is a double dose of musical bliss. Thanks yet again to my sister Cheryl for giving me this idea (if I ever publish this on paper, I'm dedicating the book to you). The other night at Del Rancho she and I were talking about the forthcoming Pavarotti concert in Tulsa. Cheap seats for $125 and I had the money to go. I even had the $40 for tickets.com service charges. However, I am not going to the concert. I spent the money on something else (Plexiglas kicks ass!!) I made the comment that since I'm not going to Pavarotti, I should just try and make it to Dallas and see Eminem for some 'anger management.' Cheryl started laughing and said that I had gone from one extreme to the other. So without further adieu, here's today's most eclectic chapter:

"Nessun Dorma"
Pavarotti's signature song...from the opera 'Turandot.' I get goosebumps every time I hear this song. I have a CD of the original three tenors concert and talk about a bawl-fest extraordinaire. The final encore is this song sung by all three. Oh my! When they hit that note (you know the one) I go running for Kleenex, and then I hit rewind and listen again.

"Lose Yourself"
I mentioned "Bohemian Rhapsody" being biographical for Freddie Mercury. I consider this song the same for Eminem...and I mean in real life, not just in "8 Mile." I saw the movie in Edmond with a bunch of spoiled rich kids who didn't have a clue. Hell, they still don't have a clue and I'm still standing on the brink fighting for my chance to cross the mile...

No comments: