Sunday, June 05, 2005

Chantez-moi

"Whatever"

I've been listening to Godsmack alot lately. It's usually what's in the CD player when I'm angry (as opposed to something calm and soothing). My favorite lyric from this song is in the first verse: 'I don't need your shit today. You're pathetic in your own way.' Of note, be sure to turn the volume down when at a red light surrounded by homeless people...or at least roll up the window. When I saw the band in concert, this was the second or third song of their set. Totally awesome. Everything was wireless and they moved about the stage. No stage diving or crowd surfing or anything remotely cool; but just a huge pulsating mob. And those of us getting high from the second hand pot smoking were having an exceptionally great time. I quickly learned the words and was screaming 'better fucking go away' with the rest of them.

jdh 6/5/05

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A massive dose of Mozart would do the soul some good!! Nothing though is better for the anger and frustration in life than Beethoven, you bang the keys with all you've got and I swear the whole world will disappear (oh God I miss my piano, I miss my sons)...Godsmack, yuck

Michelle said...

Don't disrespect the awesome power of Godsmack's lyrics! You're having a bad day, stuck in traffic and that song comes on. The world better be glad it's not your steering wheel!