Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Chantez-moi

"Bohemian Rhapsody"

I'm ashamed to admit that the first time I heard this song was either in the context of "Wayne's World" or during the tribute concert for Freddie Mercury. What first appealed to me was the piano throughout the song...absolutely love it...still looking for the sheet music. And then one night I woke up with an epiphany (apostrophe for those fans of 'Hook'). I realized just how autobiographical the second verse is. Did Mercury know the events he was foreshadowing when these lyrics were written? Although "Bohemian" is not my favorite Queen song, I can definitely appreciate it more.

6/14/05 jdh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so when I read the title, my first thought was "Oh, God not Cartman" we can't do that to Freddie Mercury..I do think that alot of his work is very personal, and will never be matched.

Julia said...

I committed Beatles sacrilege with my Cartman post. I couldn't attack Queen like that...or could I? Although I could hear Cartman singing the 'Fat Bottom Girls' song. That is Queen, isn't it?