Sunday, May 01, 2005

Literary project

"Chantez-moi" by Julia Dianne Ham

'Mama, I'm Coming Home'

I used to think "Oh crap! I'm listening to Ozzy!" Nowadays my thoughts linger on things more sacred. I have a list of non-religious songs to re-write with Christian themes. I don't have a final draft for this one yet, but the idea goes like this:

A man misses the rapture. At the beginning of the tribulation he just blames himself for being so ignorant. Finally he submits himself to God's purpose and finds himself running to the throne of Heaven shouting "Abba! Father! I'm finally home!"

4/21/05

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Sinead's 'nothing compares 2 u' that could become a very inspirational tune with a few tweeks here and there...

Julia said...

Great idea to use that one for a re-write. I may also have to put that on my list of "Cartman Songs." HA!

Anonymous said...

okay..so now I can't get the picture of the boy band and "fingerbang" out of my head!! Did you happen to see that episode?

Julia said...

Oh yes, I've seen it. I think I watched it with you. They perform at the mini-mall, right? And Stan's dad starts to freak out? Good episode.