Sunday, October 09, 2005

My heroes have always been...

...cowboys, and long-horns, and Marines, and long-horns, and pianists, and long-horns, the lady who does my nails every two weeks, did I mention long-horns yet?!?

I'm here at the downtown library, AKA my second home. I had to bribe a guy to let me have the computer when he got done e-mailing. It's that crazy down here today. Every second Sunday the library has a piano series. Today a gentleman played a little bit of everything -- Schubert, Bach, Mozart -- but best of all this guy played Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata -- ALL THREE MOVEMENTS -- I was in heaven. It was wonderful to hear my absolute favorite song in the entire world being played...and played well. This lady come up to me after the performance and asked me why I was so excited when he announced that the whole sonata was going to be played. And I told her, "I've been waiting a long time to hear this sonata played in its entirety." Hold on a second there folks...it gets better...this same lady introduced me to the pianist...and then she took a picture of us. She's going to e-mail the pic sometime this next week. I'll try to post it....maybe.

In other news I've finally decided what I want to do for the big 3-0. I'm going to have a manicure, pedicure, and fill. Hey, I realize that I'm spending the money here, but the lady offered to hold my check until the following payday and that I should be pampered...whether it's my birthday or not. Damn that is so nice to hear!

And still in other news: 1 more day until Blazers training camp starts.
4 more days until the 1st Blazers exhibition game
12 more days until the CHL season officially starts
0 days until I say "God bless them Long-horns!"

No comments: