Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I hate having to make up a title...

...which is precisely why half of what I write is marked "untitled." But that's a title though, right? I mean it's the same thing as Logan County putting up a sign on no-name-road that actually says "no-name road." It defeats the whole purpose! Now I shall step off my soap box and give you this to ponder...

If you are truly
America's favorite,
then why are you
sitting at a table
by yourself?
Why is your
face so red
with fury?
Have your people
spurned you?
If you could
be seen now,
the laughter would
echo eternally.

"heinz ketchup bottle"
4/22/96 jdh

2 comments:

Julia said...

I don't take offense at the idea of a children's book. If I ever decide to do that, I'm gonna have to stop writing when I'm angry and depressed. "Just one happy thought Peter!" Anywho, I'll work on something snappy.....one of these days.

And thanks for the idea!

Michelle said...

I feel your pain on having to make up titles for poems and such. I could write a great poem...but sit there for 10 minutes just trying to think of what to call it. You made me laugh about no-name road. I've thought about that one before.