Monday, September 12, 2005

Birthday

So I talked to 'the mother' the other day. Actually my calls to her have increased over the past few weeks. She seems to think I'm making a rather big deal about my birthday. DUH! It's my 30th birthday for crying out loud! In my opinion she isn't making a big enough deal about it. I mean her youngest child is turning 30 this year. When I found out that my hockey team is out of town on October 29 I began making plans to go see them play.....in Odessa, Texas. I told my mom about it and she said if I found a more reasonable alternative then we would do it. So on October 21 the Blazers play in Wichita (oh hell yeah, I remember the last time they played there)...anywho I suggested that idea and 'the mother' black-balled it immediately. So I called her on Saturday night with my final idea (third time's a charm, right?) well it wasn't. I've been wanting to go back and eat at Old Germany Restaurant in Choctaw. I've been wanting to go back for 6 or 7 years. Obviously that isn't a good idea either. So I unloaded on her....my 16th birthday sucked, my 18th birthday sucked, my 21st birthday sucked (don't even get me started), my 25th birthday sucked (it was a big deal to turn 25 in the year 2000). Then she said, "it sounds like you've led a rather sucky life." SHE SAID IT, NOT ME. This lady at work said "screw 30 and celebrate 40." Whatever, thanks for the advice....

Have you all heard the Bud Light "Real American Heroes" and "Real Men of Genius" commercials? I heard one this morning that was "today we salute you Mr. Ceremonial 1st Pitch Thrower Outer." Now everyone knows that the highlight of these commercials is the dude singing in the background. So Mr. Announcer is talking about walking to the mound, throwing the pitch, and all of a sudden Mr. Singer Dude says "Oww, you hit me in the groin." Definitely the best one I've heard in awhile. But my fave has got to be "Mr. Toilet Paper Roll Refiller---you do your business so we can do ours."

And last but not least a deep thought by Jack Handy......When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was and why he had deer horns.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do what you want to do it is YOUR day. It is her loss. if Samantha was here, she would go to Odessa with you. My 30th was cool. Jack remembered it. I still have the watch.

Samantha said...

Hey, I'll go anyway. Or you could just use it as an excuse to come see me. :)

Anonymous said...

Big Sis and Little Sis,
I found out just recently, yesterday actually, some information that could have alot to do with this situation...for CONFIDENTIAL details...call me