Sunday, July 17, 2005

OMG!!!

Okay these buttons have the alphabet on them, this button changes my font color. Oh and this button says OMG!!! Sorry it's been so long...

I went to my first arena football game last night. I couldn't get into it, but at least I tried something new. I should've stayed and home and finished reading Goblet of Fire (currently on page 360-ish of 730+). Anywho here's what I found wrong with the whole sporting event:

1) The team's co-owner is Barry Switzer.
2) I couldn't understand anything that was said. Whatever they layed on the floor really screwed up the acoustics.
3) I don't know who all was there for the hockey ticket holders, we had to have been all scattered about. We should have been seated in the same section and at the front (because even though I hate football, I wanted to catch a ball or a player or whatever).
4) Maybe I should have mentioned this first -- when I first walked in there was a huge lump of fabric laying in the north end zone. As the kick off approached about 40 guys lead by some old Navy dude (no pun intended) started to untangle the mess --- WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE THE AMERICAN FLAG!!!!! During the National Anthem they had some kids running along underneath it to keep it from touching the ground, but as they were rolling it back up a couple of end guys were kind of slacking off and getting their side dirty. Well hells bells guys let me run out to the car and get my spare bottle of kerosene and book of matches so I can help you guys along. And since I'm on my patriotic soap box yet again, I thought you were to remain standing until the flag exited the area. OMG!!! I thought we were all going to hell in a hand basket, but I do believe we are already there.

Don't tell her I said this, but I think that perhaps my mom did raise me right...at least as far as flag etiquette is concerned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, but how was the game? Was it exciting? loud? I want to go to an arena game, but if it's not loud and exciting, then I won't waste my time!