Sunday, April 24, 2005

The new literary project is unveiled!

"Chantez-moi" by Julia Dianne Ham

'Moonlight Sonata'

When you ask me to sing my favorite song, I shall tell you that I can't, because my favorite song has no words. Several years ago at a friends of the library book sale, my mom and I were digging through some records. I found a set of Beethoven records and at the time I was in love with his fifth symphony. So I begged mom to let me have the set. The first time I heard 'Moonlight' I knew I had to learn to play it. I memorized the 1st movement - yes memorize - I blame it all on four years of marching band. No matter what mood I'm in, I can hear it somewhere in the song. If you make my sister Cheryl mad, she can play the 1st and 2nd movements flawlessly. One of these days I plan to royally piss her off so she'll learn the 3rd movement, ha ha! I've had many dreams to this song. Sometimes it's water ripples, snow flurries, a funeral procession, or a thunderstorm. I've seen it all. (4/21/05)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bring on the sadness and pain and I can really get into Claire de lune...(ddi i slpee thta rghti?)
I MISS MY PIANO!!!!!!