Thursday, February 10, 2005

This one's for Cpl Joe...

...actually it's for me, but it's dedicated to Joe. I found this one last night and the 7th line had me puzzled. Of course I had it figured out at 3:00 this morning...that's when all my epiphanies happen (whatever). Anywho here goes...and PS to Michelle - you better be the first one to figure out the 7th line!!!

Finite and fickle
These words describe
Me well
I think of
Seven others
Just ask
Mr. Spacey
Now in this
Relatively humble
Mind setting
I can make
A covenant
With you
One that
Shall never
Be broken
Because we
Are a cord
Of four strands
The strongest of bonds
These words
Are sincere
The meaning
Is deep and true
I will not
Take them back
The devil can't
Make me don that
By your power
I have overcome
Him
And I can
Teach others
To take arms
For my covenant
Is
Semper Fidelis
To be forever faithful
And I will
Fight this
Spiritual battle
In faith
In word
In deed

9/8/01 jdh
For Charles Joseph Canning, USMC

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Mr Spacey?.....The never-ending realm of my brain can't put a finger on it. Joe can be spacey, then I thought of Spaceballs. I have "brain gas" now....

Anonymous said...

I like, I like
big sis..cc