Monday, December 06, 2004

The rabbit is lucky after all....

That's the best part about going to Chinese restaurants -- reading the Chinese zodiac again! It's funny because I usually go with my mom and she's also a rabbit, and yet we're completely different, but that's a good thing otherwise I'd have to kill myself.

But seriously my lucky rabbit year/sign is 24 hours away from paying off. After scrimping, saving, and working myself sick with a second job, I was able to purchase the thing I most wanted -- season hockey tickets for the OKC Blazers. (hopefully I'll be at the plexiglass next year). Tomorrow night is the ticket holder Christmas party and the players will be there! As an added celebration I will be unveiling my Christmas present from-me-to-me....I got my digital camera out of lay-a-away finally. So I'll be going home and reading the manual before tomorrow night. I'll probably also be spending some time on the phone with my Mary Kay consultant asking her what to wear. JOKE! I'm thinking jeans, t-shirt, and my 'bah humbug' hat. Won't I be the life of the party!

In other news -- yesterday I attended church for the first time in two weeks. It was a great worship experience. I kept apologizing to God for being a hockey heathen instead of a pew dweller. Oh yeah, the sermon was pretty good, too. Have I mentioned that I'm not related to anyone there? That's the best part, well, it's a perk anyways.

I love rambling on this site, but I must be going. Semper Fidelis, Semper Expertis to my nephew Joe and his MEU! Hugs to Tristan and Michelle!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yay for Julia! That's great you got season tickets for the Blazers. I think a "Bah Humbug" hat would be great. I hope you have lots of fun!!